- French Elle gives its most recent cover to Marie Trintignant, an actress beaten to death by her ex-boyfriend, as a rebuke to Les Inrockuptibles, France’s version of Rolling Stone magazine, which drew outrage by supporting his comeback album with a cover story.
- Five of Ivan Henry’s victims are suing the accused serial rapist, claiming he enriched himself by accepting millions of dollars in damages for his incarceration.
- Tegan and Sara have partnered with Wildfang to create a “The Future is Fluid” t-shirt, effectively rejecting the lesbian history that paved the way for their success.
- Sexual harassment claims come to light in the digital media industry, as well as in California politics, as millions of women say, “Me too.”
- Police cracked down on a child trafficking ring in Hyderabad, India, where male tourists from Persian Gulf states enter into temporary “contract marriages” that allow them to to sexually exploit girls legally.