• An event scheduled to take place on September 13th called “What is Gender?” has been cancelled by the venue due to safety concerns.
• Spencer Hight barged into his ex-wife’s home during a football watch party and shot and killed her, before killing seven more people. Meredith Lane was married to Hight for six years before filing for divorce in July. A neighbor said police had already visited the apartment in Plano, Texas. Hight was killed by police.
• Newstalk staff are calling on management to remove broadcaster George Hook after he suggested some blame could be placed on victims of rape for “putting themselves in danger.” Hook apologized for his comments on Monday.
• Two female students allege they were raped by two Carabinieri police officers in Florence.
• Victorian MP Rachel Carling-Jenkins has revealed that her estranged husband Gary Jenkins has been convicted for child pornography possession. “These little girls would not be abused if people like my ex-husband did not provide a market,” she said.
• Police are searching the Oshawa Harbour after a fisherman discovered a female torso floating in the water.