- This week, Instagram used screenshot of a rape threat posted by Olivia Solon, a Guardian reporter, to advertise the app on Facebook, demonstrating how social media algorithms boost misogynist content.
- Republicans are still trying to gut America’s healthcare system. Experts say that women will be hit hardest by the proposed reforms.
- Donald Trump is assembling the most male-dominated government in decades, with 80 per cent of nominations for top positions going to men.
- The Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women’s Inquiry commissioners announce that have assembled a team of forensic investigators to review police files and “investigate the investigations.”
- Today In Nova Scotia, the health minister announced two changes that will improve access to abortion: women can book appointments without a doctor’s referral, and get the abortion pill for free.
- It’d be cool if they made Wonder Woman not-straight in a not-horrible way, but that’s not usually how these things work.
Like this article? Tip Feminist Current!