- Former German actress, Renate Langer, reported to the Swiss police that film director Roman Polanski raped her in February 1972, when she was 15. Langer is the fourth woman to publicly accuse Polanski of sexual assaulting her when she was a teenager.
- Rep. Tim Murphy, an anti-abortion congressman from Pennsylvania, told the woman he had an affair with to get an abortion.
- The US joins 13 other countries, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and China, in voting against a United Nations resolution condemning the death penalty for homosexuality.
- Sabrinna Valisce on the decriminalization of prostitution in New Zealand:
“I thought it would give more power and rights to the women. But I soon realised the opposite was true.”
- Valiant Richey, Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for King County, will be sharing his experience going after sex buyers in Seattle on Monday October 16 at the Vancouver Public Library.