Today, I begin to properly defend myself. I will prove without any doubt that I am innocent of all rape charges. Today, I will focus on “The Original Sin” (Keri Claussen), the claim that created this insane pile on of my #MeToo. Stay tuned! We’ll share information today… And tomorrow the case of Jenny Lumet. My intention is not to diminish the #MeToo movement in anyway, but instead hold my accusers accountable. #NotMe Again, this is not a movement against or even in conjunction with #Metoo . It’s just a statement about my innocence.
- Influential music industry producer, Russell Simmons, is facing new allegations of rape brought against him by three different women. He continues to claim he is innocent, posting the hashtag #NotMe on Instagram.
- Angela Shisheesh, an Indigenous woman who was forced to attend St. Anne’s residential school in Fort Albany, Ontario, wants to make her testimony and records public, but has been told she needs the permission of the government of Ottawa and the Catholic Church.
- The Globe and Mail profiles the women and men working to reform sexual violence policing in Canada, following a Globe report revealing that large numbers of sexual assault reports to police are being dismissed as unfounded without good cause.
- Labour MP Jess Phillips writes an open letter to PM Theresa May, asking her to ensure that her friendship with First Secretary of State Damian Green doesn’t impede the investigation into sexual harassment allegations against him.
- A study of Pennsylvania birth records reveals that mothers who lived near fracking wells were more likely to give birth to dramatically underweight babies, which increases a child’s risk for lifetime problems with health and achievement.