This is the kind of MRA commentary Rosie Batty has endured for the last four years. Is it any wonder she's decided to walk away?
Be very clear, this is how MRAs perpetuate the abuse of those who've been victimised by family violence. pic.twitter.com/fDWNZ41l2d
— Clementine Ford (@clementine_ford) February 16, 2018
- Rosie Batty, a dynamic and effective Australian domestic violence campaigner whose son was murdered in public by her ex-husband, has stepped down from and closed the Luke Batty Foundation, after suffering years of unconscionable public abuse for working against male violence towards women and children.
- Over 100 of the female detainees at Yarl’s Wood Immigration Removal Centre have gone on a hunger strike to protest the inhumanity of their living conditions. A study released by a women’s anti-violence charity revealed that 85 percent of the women there were victims of misogynist hate crimes.
- Missouri Governor Eric Greitens has been indicted on a charge of felony invasion of privacy for allegedly threatening a woman he was having an affair with. Greitens released a partially nude photo of the woman that he took without consent, while she was tied up.
- Inuk singer Susan Aglukark publicly names the man who sexually abused her as a child, at the final day of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls inquiry for Rankin Inlet in Nunavut.
- Singer Marilyn Manson is accused of sexual and racist harassment.