- Trans-identified male Munroe Bergdorf, recently appointed LGBT+ adviser to the Labour Party, has resigned after it was revealed that Bergdorf had used anti-lesbian slurs on social media and said he wanted to “gay bash” a gay male character on the TV show Glee.
- Heather Brunskell-Evans, former spokeswoman for the Women’s Equality Party’s (WEP) policy on Violence Against Women and Girls, writes about the circumstances of her resignation and the authoritarian purge of women from the progressive left on the basis of the new belief that biological sex is a social construct:
“The significance of the WEP debacle is the larger terrible irony that a Party which had set out to be revolutionary for women has highlighted the very weakness of its own approach. The result of aligning itself with transgender identity politics is to obfuscate, drown out and suppress the very voices the WEP set out to listen to and to promote, namely the voices of women.”
- Laura Stuart, 33, was fatally stabbed by a former partner near her home in north Wales, days after she’d tried to report him to police for threatening her.
- Spanish women are planning a 24-hour strike at work and home for International Women’s Day.
- China’s busy subway systems have designated, women-only subway cars, and they’re packed with men.