- Feminists in China rely on emojis to evade government censors and share their #MeToo stories. Leta Hong Fincher explains:
“Feminism has become a politically sensitive keyword… so activists have to keep coming up with new ways to get around censors. It’s always this game of cat and mouse.”
- Male authors are being called out for having their wives type up their manuscripts, with examples being added to the hashtag, #ThanksForTyping.
- Hillary Clinton points out that none of the men who’ve lost presidential elections have been told to shut up and go away.
- The accused in the Belfast rape trial, Paddy Jackson, is planning to sue Labour Senator Aodhán Ó Riordáin for tweeting that he believed the accuser.
- Three Toronto men are facing trafficking charges over the coercion and abuse of an 18-year-old woman.