- NFL cheerleaders describe a promotional trip as being pimped out to male sponsors by the team’s management:
“‘They weren’t putting a gun to our heads, but it was mandatory for us to go,’ one of the cheerleaders said. ‘We weren’t asked, we were told. Other girls were devastated because we knew exactly what she was doing.'”
- Iowa has passed the most restrictive abortion ban in the US, prohibiting abortion as soon as a fetal heartbeat is detectable, which is often around six weeks, before many women even know they’re pregnant.
- Approximately 450,000 women in England were not informed that they were due for breast cancer screenings due to a failure of the notification system. Up to 270 women may have died as a result.
- In Ireland, the government is investigating 208 cases where women with cervical cancer received false negatives after pap smears. Seventeen of those women have since died.
- Ashley Judd is suing Harvey Weinstein for slander, sexual harassment, and for sabotaging her career after she refused sex with him.