Increase in turnout among females in Eighth Amendment Referendum. pic.twitter.com/WhSRI9zSwf
— Ipsos MRBI (@IpsosMRBI) May 28, 2018
- Ireland overturns abortion ban, with 66.4 per cent voting to repeal the Eighth Amendment and 33.6 per cent opposing the measure.
- Annabella Sciorra, one of the many actresses who accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, says she “got no relief” seeing her rapist “walk into court.” On Twitter, she writes:
“If there was truly ’equal justice under the law’, Harvey Weinstein would be behind bars in Rikers today, waiting for his own day in court, not free to roam New York, his other hunting ground, wearing an ankle bracelet.”
- Swedish victims of forced marriage or female genital mutilation are being told to hide spoons in their underwear to set off airport metal detectors.
- A Toronto teacher from Edgewood Public School has been arrested for allegedly assaulting eight girls between September 2017 and May 2018.
- Young women still feel anxiety about out-earning their male partners.