- Harvey Weinstein pleads not guilty on rape charges. His lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, told reporters:
“Mr. Weinstein has denied these crimes. He has never engaged in non-consensual sex with anyone. As terrible a crime as rape is, it is equally reprehensible to be falsely accused of rape. In his view, he has been falsely accused of rape.”
- A “hyper-masculine” culture in pipeline work camps (dubbed “man camps”) has led to a notable increase in sexual assaults, specifically against Indigenous women living in these remote areas.
- Jocelyn Macdonald reports on the recent assault against a lesbian accused of being a “TERF,” which took place outside a St. Louis pub.
- Judge Aaron Persky, who sentenced Stanford athlete Brock Turner to only six months in jail for sexually assaulting and attempting to rape an unconscious woman, has been recalled from office.
- Teespring pulls “Fuck TERFs” shirt from its online store.
- Stephen Colbert reminds Bill Clinton that his behaviour “was the most famous example of a powerful man sexually misbehaving in the workplace” of his lifetime.