- Four former First Ladies condemn family separation policies over misdemeanor charges of illegal entry at the US border, and one mother is suing the Trump administration over having her child taken from her as she was waiting to pursue an asylum claim.
- The #MeToo movement hits K Street, as women complain about sexual harassment in the Washington, DC lobbying industry.
- Several Saudi women who fought for an end to the driving ban in the kingdom are waiting in jail on charges of “cooperating with individuals and organizations hostile to the kingdom” and “providing financial and moral support to hostile elements abroad.”
- A UK gang has been jailed for trafficking Romanian women for sexual exploitation.
- Actor Amandla Stenberg has come out as a lesbian. She tells Wonderland magazine:
“The continual process of unlearning heteronormativity and internalised homophobia can be difficult, but one of the biggest blessings lies in the magic that comes from having to understand love outside the confines of learned heterosexual roles. It is the power to reveal the ethereal love that exists within us underneath socialisation. Once I was able to rid myself of those parameters, I found myself in a deep well of unbounded and untouchable love free from the dominion of patriarchy. My sexuality is not a byproduct of my past experiences with men, who I have loved, but rather a part of myself I was born with and love deeply.”