We raised the alarm in 9 months ago with data indicating high numbers of transgender prisoner are sex offenders. We were dismissed and ridiculed. Today, the MOJ confirms 60 trans prisoners with at least 1 sex conviction including 27 convictions for rape. https://t.co/rKt5tkyJc7 pic.twitter.com/5kALNDMFPG
— FairPlayForWomen (@fairplaywomen) August 13, 2018
- The UK Ministry of Justice confirms at least 60 of 125 trans-identified prisoners in England and Wales have sex convictions.
- Lesbian photographer Donna Gottschalk’s work documents her relationship with her working class family and her involvement with radical lesbian, separatist communities in the 60s and 70s. Naturally, few have ever heard of her.
- It is suspected that Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s motivation to ban Gender Studies at universities is due to a desire to maintain Christian and “traditional” family values.
- Lack of money, welfare support, and social capital lead young women in Australia to exchange sex for somewhere to stay. Indeed, men are all too eager to exploit women they know have few other options.
- Stephen Mottershead, in prison for stabbing a man in the liver, is to be moved to an all-women’s prison after a court heard he intends to undergo gender reassignment treatment.