- The UK Green Party has launched an investigation into the circumstances that led to Aimee Challenor, a trans-identified male and the party’s equality spokesman, appointing his father as his campaign election agent. Aimee Challenor withdrew his candidacy for deputy leadership of the Green Party on Sunday, following last week’s announcement that David Challenor had been sentenced to 22 years in prison for the torture and rape of a 10-year-old girl.
- Michigan State Police have brought 73 charges against 34 men in a large prostitution sting, aimed at reducing human trafficking in northern Michigan.
- UK women’s minister, Victoria Atkins, has expressed concern about the high number of teenagers identifying as transgender and being referred to the NHS for medical treatment, and the shutting down of debate around the issue. Atkins told The Daily Telegraph:
“My concern is that those who have a political agenda seem to want to sacrifice the welfare of children on the altar of political correctness and equalities whereas every child needs to be respected and supported in their own right. This is about individuals, not other people’s agendas.”
- Over 90 per cent of Indigenous women surveyed in the Seattle area say they have experienced sexual violence.
- The US Democratic Party’s national committee has adopted rules recognizing “non-binary” gender identities. The party practice of dividing committees evenly between men and women will have an exemption for “non-binary” members, who won’t count as either.