Why are so many girls asking to change gender? Minister @pennymordaunt @womenequalities orders enquiry as figures show gender & identity clinic @taviandport had only 40 referrals 8 years ago but 1,806 by 2017/18 @thetimes https://t.co/3UGNJal5Lo
— Sian Griffiths (@SianGriffiths6) September 17, 2018
- Penny Mordaunt, the UK Minister for Women and Equalities, has asked for a inquiry into the 4,000 per cent increase in girls presenting to clinics for gender reassignment over the last decade. According to The Sunday Times, “Official figures show the number of girls being given gender treatment has risen from 40 in 2009-10 to 1,806 in 2017-18.”
- Christine Blasey Ford has come forward to claim that US Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, attempted to rape her when they were teenagers. Politico reports that a lawyer close to the White House said, “If somebody can be brought down by accusations like this, then you, me, every man certainly should be worried. We can all be accused of something.”
- A British woman on holiday in Turkey was beaten unconscious after she turned a fellow British vacationer down for sex. She suffered a fractured skull and eye socket, and required 50 stitches.
- Juan David Ortiz, a US Border Patrol agent arrested last week in connection with the unsolved murders of prostituted women, has confessed to four murders. He also confessed to the assault of a fifth victim, who escaped and tipped off the authorities.
- Jesse Brown fact checks Jian Ghomeshi’s essay, published in The New York Review of Books last week, demonstrating how unaccountable Ghomeshi truly is, even in his attempts at “accountability.”