When asked what she has against trans women, Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshul says “I don’t, I just don’t think they’re women” pic.twitter.com/7ScFeAxudP
— Sky News (@SkyNews) September 26, 2018
- Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull’s poster campaign has been removed after trans activist, Adrian Harrop, complained that her group, Standing for Women, was a “hate group.”
- Linda Bellos was in court today, alongside activist Venice Allan, after Giuliana Kendal, a trans-identified male, brought private prosecution against Bellos for saying she would defend herself against attacks from trans activists. Kendal attempted to have a woman in the public gallery removed for wearing a t-shirt with the slogan, “Woman equals adult human female.”
- UK victims’ rights campaigners are concerned that excessive police data requests of sexual violence victims might discourage women from coming forward.
- A prominent Mayan Ixil midwife and a founding member of the Network of Ixil Women, Juana Ramirez Santiago, has been murdered in Guatemala, where it’s becoming increasingly deadly to organize for human rights.
- An Ontario Human Rights Tribunal has found in favor of the Association of Ontario Midwives, agreeing that the government owed them back pay for sex discrimination in contract negotiations.