— SWOP Sussex at Brighton Oasis Project (@SWOPoasis) September 27, 2018
- The Sex Workers’ Outreach Project (SWOP) Sussex set up an information booth at Brighton University during “freshers’ fair” — an event where clubs, teams and organizations try to recruit new students. SWOP offered tips on how to prostitute oneself. They were, apparently, invited by the Student Union.
- U Sports, the governing body for Canadian university athletics programs, has decided to allow athletes to choose whether they compete on men’s or women’s teams according to their “gender identity.”
- Tens of thousands of Brazilian women are protesting presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, who is known for his misogyny and homophobia.
- Jason Miller is leaving his job as a CNN contributor after allegations emerged that he drugged a former mistress with an abortifacient without her knowledge, ending her pregnancy and causing nearly fatal complications.
- A 41-year-old trans-identified male in the UK has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for posing as a 14-year-old boy online in an attempt to pressure a 12-year-old girl into sending him nude pictures. Metro reports that this is the third time Jacinta Brooks, formerly Duncan Smart, has targeted children. Smart has already served 13 years in prison.