Martin Solveig really asked Ada Hegerberg, the first ever Ballon D’Or winner, to twerk. The absolute disrespect bruh. pic.twitter.com/Mtc5DBjS7a
— A West (@ayyy_west) December 3, 2018
- Ada Hegerberg, a Norwegian striker, was named the first the first women’s soccer player of the year at an international awards ceremony. She was asked to twerk on stage by a male presenter immediately after accepting her award.
- A YouGov poll for the charity End Violence Against Women indicates that roughly a third of British adults don’t recognize sexual coercion without additional violence as rape. It also found that a third of men believe a woman can’t change her mind after sexual activity has started and that if a woman can’t be raped after she has flirted on a date.
- Meghan Murphy discusses her Twitter ban and the company’s new rules against “deadnaming” and “misgendering” on The Hill.
- A Mongolian woman’s allegation that she was raped by an MP has sparked a #MeToo outpouring in the country, which has high rates of sexual violence and little legal accountability.
- New Zealand Labour MP Louisa Wall calls gender critical feminist “TERFs,” and says they’re not welcome at Auckland Pride.