- A New York judge has denied Harvey Weinstein’s motion to dismiss sexual assault charges. The case will proceed to a pre-trial hearing in March, 2019.
- A 10-year-old girl in Sierra Leone has died from complications that arose after she underwent female genital mutilation.
- Planned Parenthood is being accused of discriminating against pregnant employees. The New York Times reports:
“In interviews and legal documents, women at Planned Parenthood … described discrimination that violated federal or state laws — managers considering pregnancy in hiring decisions, for example, or denying rest breaks recommended by a doctor.”
- The recently passed First Step Act requires all U.S. federal prisons to provide inmates with quality menstrual products free of charge.
- The owner of leading Romanian soccer team says it is “against human nature” and “dangerous” for women to play soccer. Gigi Becali also says he would quit the sport if ever forced to create a women’s team.