- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte described sexually assaulting a domestic worker while she slept at his family’s home when he was a teenager. Women’s rights advocates say that his bragging puts domestic workers at greater risk of abuse.
- “Deepfake” graphic editing techniques have allowed men to create an epidemic of pornographic videos where one woman’s face placed on another woman’s body. The technique has been used to humiliate both celebrities and ordinary people, and several have become popular on Pornhub.
- Gloria Allred, the lawyer who represented 33 of Bill Cosby’s accusers, describes her shock at the guilty verdict:
“I was very pleasantly surprised with the guilty verdict. Shocked, actually, because I have been practising for 42 years and it has become so normal for women not to be believed when they allege they were assaulted, particularly by a rich, famous, powerful celebrity.”
- Native American women in New Mexico are bringing Indigenous traditions and ingredients to the craft brewing industry at the Bow and Arrow Brewing Co.
- Deon Strawberry Hampton, a trans-identified male burglar incarcerated in Illinois, will be moved to a women’s prison following his complaints of sexual abuse and humiliation in a male prison.