EXCLUSIVE: Female-only swimming and gym sessions across Glasgow are to be opened up to cross-dressing males, sparking claims that women and girls’ sport in the city could “disappear”. https://t.co/aazUk3Ad2m
— HeraldScotland (@heraldscotland) April 22, 2019
- Glasgow’s sport and leisure council announces that cross-dressing men must be allowed to use women’s changing rooms and participate in women-only sports. Staff are directed to report any concerns as hate crimes.
- Over 100 Canadian women in a class-action lawsuit say that coercive sterilization was performed on Aboriginal women by doctors in Saskatchewan as recently as 2018.
- Competing tax proposals in upcoming Australian general election leave mothers paying as much as 90 per cent of their wages for childcare while on the job.
- The female athlete triad syndrome — low energy, low bone density, and loss of menstrual cycle — sidelines girls’ and young women’s athletic careers when doctors and coaches miss the signs.
- Eight days before Yasnai Moliner-Yera and her twin brothers were murdered by the father of her two-year-old son, the Palm Beach mother sought a restraining order. The court refused to issue the order, claiming she was in no danger.