- A study finds that the suicide rate for teenage girls is increasing faster than it has for boys of the same age. Bloomberg reports:
“The data show the gap known as the ‘gender paradox’ in suicide — wherein males typically die by suicide at a rate higher than females, while females report suicidal thoughts or attempt suicide at higher rates than males — appears to be closing.”
- The former leader of a B.C. fundamentalist Christian sect is found guilty of removing a 15-year-old girl from Canada for an arranged marriage to an older member in the United States.
- Strict abortion legislation across the U.S. incite pro-choice Americans to organize and campaign to protect women’s rights.
- Feminists criticize the Equality Act for failing to define and distinguish between sexual orientation, sex, and gender identity, and disallowing therapists to explore the causes of dysphoria with patients.
- Sudanese officials tell CNN that the now-toppled Sudanese regime systematically targeted women at the front lines of anti-government protests through unlawful imprisonment and sexual violence.