‘When they started pushing through legislation [in Canada] I was like, OK, well this is going to have a real impact because gender identity is in conflict with women’s sex-based rights,’ she says matter-of-factlyhttps://t.co/YnXjzJ1K13
— The Telegraph (@Telegraph) May 22, 2019
- Meghan Murphy speaks at Scottish Parliament urging policymakers to consider women’s rights amid efforts to allow men to self-identify as women.
- Fifty children are rescued following an investigation into an online international pedophile ring. Interpol reports making arrests in Australia, Thailand, and the U.S., expecting more as investigations continue.
- Women are more likely to die of cardiac arrest than men, a study shows. Cardiologists say women succumb to heart attacks faster than men, have a worse chance of receiving care from bystanders, and experience diminished survival rates.
- The rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in Pakistan sparks public outrage after Islamabad authorities are accused of inaction and failing to protect children.
- A Newfoundland man is found not guilty of possessing child pornography after claiming he unknowingly purchased a child-sized sex doll.