- Chicago prosecutors charge R. Kelly with 11 new sexual assault and abuse charges involving one woman who was under 18 at the time of the alleged abuse. Buzzfeed reports the documents said:
“The indictment accuses Kelly of ejaculating onto the victim’s body and committing acts of sexual penetration by the use or threat of force. In some cases, Kelly committed battery in the course of the crimes.”
- A report by Women and Girls Scotland, a group campaigning for the sex-based rights of women and girls, accuses the Scottish government of ignoring international equality laws and putting women and girls at risk by not recognizing their right to single-sex spaces.
- Sixteen women file a lawsuit against the FBI, claiming they experienced discrimination and sexual harassment from male instructors throughout the academy’s training programme.
- The Guardian reveals that Femm, a women’s health and fertility app, encourages women to avoid hormonal birth control, features claims by unlicensed medical advisers, and is funded and led by anti-abortion campaigners.
- Sandra Muller, the woman who started a French campaign to encourage women to expose their sexual harassers, is being sued for defamation by Eric Brion, who she named under the #balancetonporc hashtag.