- Twitter has suspended the accounts of several women believed to have fled Saudi Arabia seeking asylum due to sexist abuse.
- Systemic failures at the Prince Edward County Children’s Aid Society are linked to several cases in Ontario, Canada, where foster parents groomed children in their care into cult-like sexual abuse.
- Bar Gold Finger, a decades-old lesbian bar in Tokyo, is under attack for denying entry to a trans-identified male who sought admission to a women’s night event.
- The trial of Keith Raniere, founder of alleged self-help organization, Nxivm, revealed the details of how he groomed members to create a coercive sex cult.
- The UN Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, Pramila Patten, demands an end to the use of rape as a weapon against political protesters.
Enjoy fiercely independent, women-led media? Support Feminist Current!