- Doctors in Chile are denying women abortions due to a clause in the country’s abortion decriminalization law allowing doctors to refuse to terminate pregnancies on grounds of “personal conscience.”
- Nigerian women are leading the country’s fight against polio by volunteering to vaccinate children. NBC News reports:
“To eliminate polio, women — mostly young mothers — have gone door-to-door, slipping drops of polio vaccine under the tongues of as many as 30 million Nigerian children.”
- The murder of a 15-year-old Romanian girl sparks public outrage after it is revealed that she had called police three times during her kidnapping.
- An Indian politician has been expelled from the country’s ruling party after a deadly car crash left a woman who accused him of rape in a critical condition.
- The sixth wife of the ruler of Dubai has applied for a court order to prevent one of her children from being forced into marriage.