A follow up to the dead rat that was nailed to our door recently… this morning we found this writing scrawled across the windows of our storefront space that we use for support and training groups #Misogyny pic.twitter.com/vm6Gv8jWcj
— VancouverRapeRelief (@VanRapeRelief) August 27, 2019
- Canada’s oldest rape crisis center, Vancouver Rape Relief & Women’s Shelter, has been targeted with vandalism and death threats such as “KILL TERFS” written on their windows. The incident occurred only weeks after a dead rat was nailed to the door of one of their support group meetings. The Post Millennial contacted spokeswoman Hilla Kerner, who said:
“Feminists groups have a lot of enemies, there are men’s rights activists, and fascists, but in this particular instance, the use of the word ‘TERF’ obviously explicitly targets us because of our position for working for women who were born female”
- A new Human Rights Watch report, “You Pray for Death: Trafficking of Women and Girls in Nigeria,” said upon their return, many rescued victims are kept in “abhorrent” conditions in Nigerian shelters, similar to those they faced when trafficked.
- Women in Bangladesh are no longer required to declare if they are virgins on marriage registration forms. The country’s top court ordered that “virgin” be replaced with “unmarried.”
- Citizens of Pakistan criticize Members of the National Assembly (MNAs) for rejecting a bill banning child marriage. The bill sought to set the minimum marriageable age in Pakistan to 18.
- Jakob Nieves, a trans-identified male accused of sexually exploiting a four-year-old girl by forcing the child into sex acts and taking photographs and video of the acts, was charged in US federal court.