The problem is not that groups are funded to protect trans people. We fully support dedicated services. The problem is that applicants cannot operate on a single-sex basis & that orgs are misrepresenting the schedule 9 Genuine Occupational Requirement.https://t.co/Og6EA74kD3
— forwomen.scot (@ForwomenScot) September 27, 2019
- Forwomen.scot says it has been disqualified from government funding because it believes that trans-identified males do not belong in female-only services, citing a “discriminatory” policy towards single-sex organizations. The women’s rights group told The Times:
“It is becoming increasingly difficult for women to access their rights [to] same-sex services and increasingly common for the law to be misrepresented — sometimes even by the government and public bodies.
Women still face discrimination and unique disadvantages because of their sex but, currently, no funded organisation in Scotland represents women as a sex class.”
- French lawmakers move towards allowing lesbians and single women to conceive children with medical intervention, approving a draft bioethics law that has sparked outrage from opponents.
- Newly released footage shows Toronto van attacker Alek Minassian sayingthe incel movement inspired him to drive a van into a crowded sidewalk.
- Greek authorities say they have busted a €500,000 baby-smuggling ring accused of selling vulnerable Bulgarian women’s eggs and babies.
- In an obituary for feminist activist and YouTuber, Magdalen Berns, Posie Parker writes:
“Tiny in stature, this fiercely honest woman, with her linguistic dexterity and dry humour, pulled many people back through the looking glass and back to reality – back to a world in which it was okay to criticise the transgender ideology and its unreasonable, misogynistic claims.”