U.K Government Taken to Court Over Refusal to Issue Gender Neutral Passports https://t.co/OzbDIOTp4J
— TIMEWorld (@TIMEWorld) December 3, 2019
- The UK government is facing a landmark appeals case challenging its refusal to issue gender-neutral passports.
- Nearly 700 women in Ottawa have been turned away from domestic abuse shelters since April of this year due to a lack of resources.
- A report by Pakistani human rights investigators lists the names of 630 women and girls known to have been trafficked into China and sold as brides.
- A Nepali village is offering cash rewards to women and girls who refuse to lodge in menstrual huts. The initiative is a response to the recent death of Parbati Buda Rawat, who suffocated after building a fire.
- A filmmaker in India sparked backlash after posting on social media that women should carry condoms and accept rape if they want to survive. The comments were a response to the on-going protests against male violence following the rape and murder of a veterinarian in Hyderabad.