— Post of Asia (@post_asia) December 5, 2019
- An Indian rape survivor was set on fire by a gang of five men, two of which she accused of rape, on her way to testify against them in court. The attack occurred only days after the brutal rape and murder of a veterinarian in Hyderabad city.
- Thousands of women gathered at the National Stadium in Chile’s capital for a flash protest against sexual violence, the latest performance of a viral song and choreographed dance denouncing violence against women that has been staged around the world.
- Women’s Liberation Front has opened ticket sales for “Fighting the New Misogyny: A Feminist Critique of Gender Identity,” a panel discussion featuring Meghan Murphy, Saba Malik, and Kara Dansky, on February 1, 2020 at the Seattle Central Library.
- A group of sexual abuse survivors created a public list of 36 clergymen accused of sexual abuse in the Diocese of London, Ontario.
- Police in Nepal made their first arrest over the centuries-old custom of banishing menstruating women to animal sheds or huts after a 21-year-old woman suffocated to death in a designated “menstrual hut.”