— Women Are Human (@women_are_human) January 28, 2020
- A convicted sex offender in Portland, Oregon, recently filed a lawsuit requesting to be transferred to a women’s prison. Christopher Dobbs, 41, was convicted in 2015 of 15 counts of rape and sexual abuse, including the statutory rape of a minor. The complaint filed to the court describes Dobbs as “emotionally female,” “hormonally female,” and “cognitively female.”
- Climate change and environmental crises are increasing instances of male violence against women, according to the largest study of its kind carried out by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- Women denied access to abortions are more likely to experience financial distress, including debt, bankruptcy and eviction, reports a paper released by the US National Bureau of Economic Research.
- South Dakota has passed a bill banning physicians from prescribing puberty-blocking hormones and performing gender reassignment surgery on children under 16.
- Analía De Jesús Higui, a lesbian woman in Argentina, is facing prison for the murder of a man who raped her in a case of corrective rape.