Report finds 90% of sex workers want to leave trade but resources are not there to help them https://t.co/1bKLvBZfI0
— Irish Examiner (@irishexaminer) January 29, 2020
- A report finds that 90 per cent of Irish women in prostitution want to exit but are unable due to a lack of viable alternatives. The review says these women were not given the support and resources they were promised following the decriminalization of selling sex.
- Russian prosecutors ask authorities to drop murder charges against three teenage sisters who killed their abusive father in self-defense
- The boyfriend of murdered Salvadoran journalist Karla Turcios has been found guilty of femicide and given the maximum 50 year sentence, a rare conviction in El Salvador, where violence against women often goes unpunished.
- Johnson & Johnson has been fined $344 million for deceptively marketing pelvic mesh devices to women that left them with debilitating and chronic pain.
- Egyptian police have arrested the parents and aunt of a 14-year-old girl who died while undergoing female genital mutilation.