Russian authorities should conduct a thorough and impartial investigation into the attack against journalist Elena Milashina and bring the perpetrators to justice.https://t.co/JPUCcKkxLX
— Committee to Protect Journalists (@pressfreedom) February 7, 2020
- Russian journalist Elena Milashina, who exposed the systematic abduction and torture of Chechen gay men, and human rights lawyer Marina Dubrovina were assaulted by a gang in a Grozny hotel.
- Victoria’s Secret models claim their reports of sexual assault and harassment have been ignored, alleging company executives were complicit in fostering an abusive and misogynistic culture.
- Korean activists say men are blackmailing women and girls into virtual sex slavery. Enslaved women are coerced into recording and sharing exploitative sexual content for online pimps, who threaten and force victims into performing desired acts.
- Eric Eoin Marques, once described as the world’s largest “facilitator” of child abuse, pleads guilty to operating a web service that allowed anonymous users to access hundreds of thousands of child abuse images and videos.
- London GP Manish Shaw has been handed three life sentences for 90 sexual assaults against 24 female patients, including a 15-year-old, whom he subjected to invasive examinations for his own gratification.