A judge dismissed a lawsuit six gender non-binary candidates filed against the Brooklyn Democratic Party, citing procedural issues and arguing that the aspiring politicians filed their case too late in the election cycle.https://t.co/MZ9YiQYfk9
— Brooklyn Paper (@brooklynpaper) May 1, 2020
- A Brooklyn, NY, judge rejected a discrimination suit brought against the Brooklyn Democratic Party by several candidates who identify as non-binary, claiming that the state’s sex parity rules for candidates are discriminatory against them.
- A new study reveals an imbalance of 2.7 men for every woman invited to speak on UK news and radio programs about the coronavirus crisis.
- DeAnna LeTray, a trans-identified male, is alleging that police in Watertown, NY, discriminated against him on the basis of gender identity when they arrested him for breaking into his daughter’s house after threatening his daughter’s boyfriend.
- J.K. Rowling has donated £1m to charities supporting the homeless and domestic abuse victims during the coronavirus pandemic.
- According to a recent KPMG survey, partnered Australian mothers face household-level tax disincentives to employment.