Embed from Getty Images
- Three women in Britain’s armed forces launch a legal challenge to take rape cases out of military courts, claiming conviction rates are nearly six times lower than in civilian courts.
- Female lawmakers, researchers, and scientists in Italy demand that the government include women in official COVID-19 decision-making groups.
- Mexico’s president claims reports of violence against women have not increased during COVID-19 lockdowns, contradicting official data signaling a rise in abuse.
- Domestic violence reports in Russia have more than doubled during the country’s COVID-19 lockdown, while police claim crimes have fallen by 13 per cent.
- Eindhoven University of Technology is accused of gender discrimination after increasing its number of female academics by 25 per cent by opening vacancies exclusive to women.
Enjoy fiercely independent, women-led media? Support Feminist Current!