Embed from Getty Images
- The US Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights rules a Connecticut policy allowing trans-identified male student athletes to compete in girls’ sports violates female athletes’ civil rights.
- Reuters reports millions of women and girls worldwide are facing shortages of sanitary products, rising costs, and increasing stigma while managing their periods during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Experts warn the COVID-19 pandemic is pushing back progress on women’s birth rights and undermining prenatal and maternity healthcare.
- Two Idaho female athletes want a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act, a new state law that bars trans-identified males from competing in women’s sports.
- Feminist activists in Argentina are launching a series of virtual events to mark 15 years of their campaign to legalize abortion.
Enjoy fiercely independent, women-led media? Support Feminist Current!