— CTV Ottawa (@ctvottawa) August 13, 2020
- An Ottawa city councillor whose home was vandalized says violence against women in public office must end. Innes Ward Coun. Laura Dudas’ statement is in response to recent incidents targeting herself and other female politicians.
- Another woman has come forward with rape allegations against Harvey Weinstein and filed a lawsuit last Friday, claiming he first attacked her in 2007. Over 80 women have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct, ranging from harassment to rape.
- New research uncovered trends used in online sex trafficking which information scientists believe will benefit NGOs and other anti-trafficking organizations, allowing them to identify possible perpetrators more efficiently.
- The UK’s Crown Prosecution Service settled a five-year long court case, siding with the victim of voyeurism. Emily Hunt, who awoke in her hotel room to find an unknown man filming her, said the years of legal disputes severely impacted her mental health.
- An Australian man who groomed and raped a teenage girl has been spared prison, despite recording sex acts with a minor on his phone without her knowledge.