- The Women’s Human Rights Campaign launches a US chapter with goals that include pushing the Democratic Party to support the rights of women and girls and oppose gender identity policies.
- Two sons of Canadian fashion executive Peter Nygard have accused him of hiring a prostituted woman to rape them as minors.
- Fawzia Koofi, a former legislator part of the team negotiating for peace between the Afghan government and the Taliban, has survived an assassination attempt by unknown assailants.
- Asian women acting as low-level drug mules are increasingly filling up the region’s prisons as various countries ramp up drug interdiction efforts.
- Egypt’s parliament has approved a law protecting the identities of women who come forward to report sexual harassment.
Enjoy fiercely independent, women-led media? Support Feminist Current!