- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died Friday due to complications from metastatic cancer of the pancreas. She was 87. Ginsburg was the second woman to serve on the Supreme Court and a pioneering advocate for women’s rights.
- Former model Amy Dorris accuses Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the 1997 US Open tournament.
- The Committee to Protect Journalists condemns “vile” social media attacks against female journalists in Pakistan, including rape threats, as women reporters feel barred from participating in the profession.
- Al Jazeera reports COVID-19 school closures in Kenya increases girls’ risk of female genital mutilation, teenage pregnancy, and child marriage.
- The U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan warns of extremist attacks against a “variety of targets,” most of which are aimed at women.
- Rapists will face surgical castration under a new law in a Nigerian state, while those convicted of raping a child under age 14 will be executed.