DRC protesters demand justice over unprosecuted rapes and murders https://t.co/wIuQvDdmZK
— The Guardian (@guardian) October 2, 2020
- Women led thousands of people in demonstrations against civil war violence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, demanding justice for historic murders and rapes that have not been prosecuted.
- Days after the death of a 19-year-old Dalit woman who was allegedly gang raped by four upper caste men fueled protests across India, officials say they are ruling out rape because semen was not found.
- Disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein is charged with six new counts of sexual assault against two more women, the Los Angeles District Attorney said.
- The Post Millennial reports Jessica Yaniv has ended two human rights lawsuits against Vancouver beauty salons for refusing to wax his genitals.
- Women are leaving the U.S. workforce at four times the rate as men, with 865,000 women dropping out of work in September compared with 216,000 men.