- Nepal moves to increase penalties for acid attacks against women, and female politicians are seeking to enact harsher punishment for rape. Following a survivor-led campaign, the government of Nepal has introduced new laws to increase the punishment for offenders to up to 20 years in prison, and to control the sale of acid.
- The Sudanese military and militias continue to violently repress women’s political speech.
- A survey of women in 22 countries found that nearly 60 per cent of teen girls and young women, ages 15-25, had experienced serious online harassment.
- There’s renewed outrage over domestic violence in China, as Lamu, a 30-year-old vlogger, living in a remote area of Sichuan province, was set on fire and burned to death by her ex-husband.
- A Belgian man has been cleared of murdering his former wife with an awl after a 2018 divorce hearing, and released from prison for time served, after being convicted on a lesser charge of culpable homicide.