Mary Wollstonecraft sculpture covered up with ‘woman t-shirt’ amid feminism row https://t.co/v03ZKAuckw
— Evening Standard (@standardnews) November 11, 2020
- Critics have covered up a newly unveiled nude female statue meant to honour feminist pioneer Mary Wollstonecraft with a “Woman” dictionary definition t-shirt. The sculpture angered feminists, who say the figure draws attention to female nudity instead of honouring Wollstonecraft.
- An online panel featuring Meghan Murphy, Dr. Susan Bradley, and Lisa Bildy will address Canada’s Bill C-6, which aims to criminalize therapists and medical practitioners who fail to practice the “affirmation model” with regard to youth who claim to be transgender, will live stream Friday, November 13th at 5PM Pacific.
- Attorneys and advocates representing immigrant women who say they were forced to undergo unnecessary gynecological procedures in ICE detention claim federal investigators are excluding witnesses and setting them up for deportation.
- Thousands of images of naked women being used to create AI-generated porn includes content from porn production companies that have been accused of human trafficking and forcing women to have sex on camera.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel, Half of a Yellow Sun, is voted the best book to have won the Women’s Prize for Fiction in the award’s 25-year history.
- Thousands of elderly women in Beirut are facing destitution after their lives were upended by the devastating explosion in August.