— Global National (@GlobalNational) January 21, 2021
- Quebec correctional services will change how they manage federal offenders on day parole following recommendations in a new report on the murder of Marylène Lévesque. According to the report, parole officers overlooked warning signs by allowing Eustachio Gallese to purchase sex despite his history of domestic violence.
- US President Joe Biden signed an executive order eliminating critical protections for women in the federal government by requiring laws against sex-discrimination to include “gender identity.”
- The number of women committing suicide in Japan surged in 2020 amid emotional and financial stress from the COVID-19 pandemic after decades of decline, while fewer men took their own lives.
- Honduras lawmakers are pushing a constitutional reform through Congress that would make it virtually impossible to legalize abortion.
- Twitter locks the account belonging to China’s U.S. Embassy over a tweet that the company says violated its rules against dehumanization. The tweet stated that Uighur women in Xinjiang have been emancipated by government policy from being “baby making machines.”