- An Islamic court in the Gaza Strip has ruled that women in the Hamas-run area must have the permission of a male guardian to travel.
- Amidst an onslaught of harsh anti-abortion laws in US state legislatures, Tennessee legislators have introduced a bill that would give the biological father of a fetus a veto on an abortion procedure.
- A male student at Ireland’s Trinity College claimed to be female when registering for a women’s track meet and placed second, to prove a point about self-identification of sex. Gript reports:
“Con Óg Ó Laoghaire, 22, applied to run in the annual race after he was inspired by male rapper Zuby, who broke a female weightlifting record as a way of demonstrating the unfair advantage that male-born transgender athletes enjoy in women’s sports.”
- Lebanese women are outraged over three more femicides, as the government reveals that domestic violence has doubled during lockdown.
- The Irish charity, Women’s Aid, has reported that the incidence of image-based sexual harassment has increased during lockdown, noting that one in five women between the ages of 18 to 25 is subjected to intimate partner abuse of some kind.