Ex-Olympic gymnastics coach dies by suicide hours after being charged with human trafficking, sex crimes https://t.co/qAksxXjq2z
— Post Sports (@PostSports) February 26, 2021
- Former U.S. Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert commits suicide hours after being charged with 24 felonies, including human trafficking and sexual assault. The Washington Post reports Geddert worked closely with disgraced sports physician and serial child molester Larry Nassar.
- Princess Latifa, the captive daughter of Dubai’s ruler, urges UK police in a letter shared with the BBC to re-investigate the abduction of her sister Princess Shamsa from a Cambridge street in 2000.
- Charities and campaigners warn a sudden drop in the number of new female genital mutilation cases reported to the NHS may be due to difficulties in accessing services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Greece’s government introduces multiple proposals designed to combat sexual abuse following a surge of #MeToo allegations.
- The Biden administration withdraws government support for a Connecticut federal lawsuit that aims to ban trans-identified male student athletes from competing in girls’ high school sports.