I signed the bill to preserve women’s athletics and ensure fair competition. This legislation responds to damaging federal policies that stand in opposition to the years of progress made under Title IX and I commend members of the General Assembly for their bipartisan work.
— Gov. Bill Lee (@GovBillLee) March 26, 2021
- Arkansas and Tennessee became the third and fourth US states to sign bills requiring federally-funded school athletics programs to maintain female-only sports programs and competitions for girls and women.
- The University of Rhode Island has said it doesn’t support the statements of Prof. Donna Hughes on gender identity, made in an essay where Hughes compared the “trans-sex fantasy“ to the QAnon conspiracy theory.
- A South Korean court has set April 21st as the date for a ruling on whether the Japanese government owes damages to “comfort women” over claims they were kidnapped and forced into prostitution in Japanese military brothels in WWII.
- Phillipines immigration officers are under investigation over charges of trafficking Phillipines women seeking work abroad into slavery in Syria.
- Students at a north London’s private Highgate School have walked out in protest of what they say is widespread, “normal,” toleration of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape.