Gender critical feminist charged over allegedly transphobic tweets https://t.co/gUzFHjtAgV
— The Guardian (@guardian) June 4, 2021
- Marion Millar, an accountant working for gender critical feminist group For Women Scotland, is charged for posting allegedly transphobic and homophobic tweets. A spokesperson for For Women Scotland says:
“Marion is naturally upset that the police have decided to press ahead with charges. The past few weeks have been a nightmare for Marion and her family and it seems there is no end in sight. Sadly, in Scotland, it seems both free speech and women’s rights are under attack.”
- First Nations and Inuit women in Quebec who believe they were forcibly sterilized will share their experiences with the Assembly of First Nations of Quebec and Labrador for a new research project aimed at documenting the problem.
- South Korea’s air force chief resigns as public anger grows over the death of a master sergeant whose family says she committed suicide after her superiors allegedly tried to cover up her sexual assault claims.
- CNN reports women in China face significant job discrimination based on their marital or parental status. In wake of China’s workforce gender gap, poor enforcement of anti-discrimination laws, and the impact of its 2016 two-child policy, many women fear they will be treated worse now that parents are allowed to have three children.
- Police in Bangladesh arrest seven suspected members of a sex trafficking ring that used TikTok to lure young women and girls before selling them for sex in India.