Halton school board prepares for backlash over trans teacher | Toronto Sun https://t.co/95SuS4u4zB
— Joe Warmington (@joe_warmington) September 17, 2022
- An Ontario school district is “standing behind” a male high school teacher who reportedly began identifying as a transwoman a year ago and has been documented wearing obscenely large fake breasts during class. In a statement to parents, the school said:
“As a school within the Halton District School Board (HDSB), Oakville Trafalgar High School recognizes the rights of students, staff, parents/guardians and community members to equitable treatment without discrimination based upon gender identity and gender expression.”
- Over 30 Iranians are injured while protesting the death of Mahsa Amini, a young woman who was arrested and allegedly beaten by Tehran morality police for refusing to follow strict hijab rules.
- Women in Turkmenistan seeking abortions are forced to bribe doctors for the procedure after the country’s new leader began enforcing a law that effectively bans abortion after five weeks pregnancy.
- Women and children fleeing domestic violence are being housed in vacant office space due to ongoing capacity issues at a Hamilton crisis shelter for women and their families.
- The New York Times reports a Russian disinformation campaign attempted to discredit the U.S. Women’s March, using social media to harass march organizers and pose as women criticizing “white feminism.”