This #manfriday I’ve gone for a manly shade of blue on my nails with just a hint of glitter.
I’ve also gone for a natural look with my bodily hair.#randomactsofmanliness #everyoneneedssomesparkle #DontbeBasic#HairyLegs#hairylegsarestandard pic.twitter.com/v8SGlYLzpm
— I woman hear me roar (@hear_woman) March 16, 2018
- Two women went for a topless swim at a male-only swimming event as part of #ManFriday, a campaign formed on Mumsnet that encourages women to “self-identify” as men every Friday in protest of proposed changes to the Gender Recognition Act.
- The Labour Party has delayed its decision on allowing self-identification to determine eligibility for all-women shortlists, after hundreds of women threaten to resign over opening the lists to male applicants.
- In a new Channel 4 report, Cambridge Analytica executives are on video describing how they traffick Ukrainian women to collect dirt on their clients’ election opponents.
- In advance of a UK summit on violence against women in politics, a global survey finds that 44 per cent of respondents had faced violence or abuse while pursuing a career in politics.
- John Bailey, the president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, is under investigation for allegations of sexual harassment.