- Emma Thompson speaks out against Harvey Weinstein:
“I don’t think you can describe him as a sex addict, he’s a predator. That’s different. He’s at the top of, as it were the ladder of, a system of harassment and belittlement and bullying and interference. This has been part of our world, women’s world, since time immemorial.
So what we need to start talking about is the crisis in masculinity, the crisis of extreme masculinity which is this sort of behaviour.”
- Indian Supreme Court to decide whether the ban on Hindu women entering certain temples during menstruation is against constitutional rights.
- Justin Trudeau suggests adding a “gender” chapter to NAFTA.
- UK feminists fight against bid to remove sex from the census.
- Guards at Edmonton women’s prison describe lack of resources for inmates with mental illness.
- Police detectives to probe into the Weinstein case as number of allegations exceeds 30.